iP67: Harsh Conditions / Waterproof
MoistTech developed the 3000-IP67 online NIR sensor to withstand wash-downs, dusty / dirty environments, and to protect it against the effects of immersion. Its rugged stainless steel enclosure makes it ideal for the harshest environments, aggressive process applications and the industry’s extreme temperatures. IP67 include an integrated air vortex or liquid cooling system that is rated from 0°C to 93°C (200°F); additionally, insulation wraps are available.
Insensitive to material variations such as particle size, material height and color, the IR-3000 provides continuous, reliable readings. It’s one-time calibration, maintenance free, drift free optical design allows operating personnel to confidently make immediate process adjustments based on real-time measurements.
Production efficiency improvements due to accurate real-time measurements provide both energy savings and potential increased productivity with lower material losses.
The IR-3000-iP67 uses state-of-the-art components allowing installation in the most extreme locations. As result of MoistTech’s advanced digital processing, only the IR3000-iP67 provides true data regardless of gaps and interruptions of product flow on the belt or screw conveyors.
Near Infrared (NIR) Technology
All molecular bonds absorb specific wavelengths of light. Hydrogen bonds including O-H (water); C-H (hydrocarbon) and N-H (ammonia) all absorb strongly in the NIR spectral region. The amount of NIR energy reflected at a given wavelength is inversely proportional to the quantity of absorbing molecules in a product.
The NIR technique is a non-destructive, non-contacting measurement. MoistTech’s sensor utilizes multiple wavelengths of NIR light, projected onto the product at a very high repetition rate. The reflected light is then measured using a digitally enhanced detection system and thousands of data points are sampled every second.
The sensors can be installed using the bracket on the back of the sensor 4” – 16” (inches) from the product. The MoistTech sensor has many options for installation including:
- Belt, Screw, Drag & Enclosed Conveyors
- Chutes, Cyclones & Bins
- Dryer In/Out
- Pipeline or Pneumatic Conveying using our Flange window or Sampler options
In addition to the MoistTech management software, MoistTech offers several read-out options to display and/or adjust the measurement outputs.
- Digital Panel Meter (DPM) connected by 4-20mA output
- Full Color Touch Operator Panel (OP-14) PLC based connected by RS-232C serial. (provides trending graph)
- Color Touch Operator Interface (OI) connected by Ethernet
(OP-14 & OI provide operators & engineers the unlimited ability to make changes to gauge parameters, monitor diagnostics and program calibrations all at-line)
MoistTech has designed a suite of high-tech Windows™ programs to provide user-friendly interfaces for configuration, data logging, and monitoring of diagnostics. With this you can perform calibrations, define gauge and measurement parameters, and set-up and configure up to 50 different product codes. The MoistTech Software package is easy to use and compatible with any PC platform.
Key Benefits for Users:
- Product Quality Monitoring: Allows immediate production line adjustments to improve product quality and consistency
- Process Optimization: Allows 100% monitoring of your production process to reduce product that is “out of specification”
- Fuel Consumption Savings: Reduce your energy usage as the drying/cooking process can be controlled resulting in a reduction in energy consumption
- Water Savings: Reduce your water usage by continuously monitoring moisture content
- Dust Prevention: Help reduce the risk of explosions due to dust