The final quality of powder coatings is not completely dictated by coating thickness; several factors affect product quality. Powder coatings moisture, as just one example, must be controlled to ensure not only product quality, but also production efficiency.
Improve Production Efficiency by Controlling Powder Coatings Moisture
By controlling powder coatings moisture, manufacturers can eliminate time-consuming and costly inefficiencies during production. Controlling powder coatings moisture:
- Increases overall productivity
- Improves final product quality
- Minimizes waste
- Lowers energy requirements
- Reduces environmental harms from production
- Optimizes production processes
- Saves money
Control Powder Coatings Moisture by Measuring It
If you can measure moisture at any point, or better yet, throughout the coatings production process, your production operators have the opportunity to control moisture. There are many methods, technologies, and devices to measure product moisture; which should you choose to measure powder coatings moisture?
Choose MoistTech’s IR-3000 to Measure Powder Coatings Moisture
MoistTech has spent the last 40 years perfecting its technology to measure moisture in the harshest industrial environments. We’ve worked with experts across dozens of industries manufacturing thousands of components. We’ve compiled years of field data to continually improve our technology. The result of these efforts is MoistTech’s IR-3000 near infrared (NIR) online moisture sensing instrumentation and software system.
What Are the Advantages of the IR-3000?
In addition to the thousands of hours and gigabytes of data and information behind the development of the IR-3000, the IR-3000 has several advantages over its competition:
- Provides non-contact, instant, continuous moisture measurements in real time
- Captures thousands of moisture measurements per second, again, in real time
- Is insensitive to material variations (e.g., particle size, material height, or color)
- Is insensitive to production environment effects (e.g., small gaps, inert material, foreign objects, and the belt or screw conveyors themselves are removed from the measurement calculation with IR-3000’s product loss software capability)
- Requires just a one-time calibration
- Is maintenance free
- Operates drift free based on its optical design
For more information about how installing the IR-3000 NIR online moisture sensor and software system will improve coating production by controlling powder coatings moisture, contact us. One of our moisture experts will answer your questions and help you determine how to implement the IR-3000 in your production environment.