In raw material intake and processing, it is critical to precisely control moisture levels. Monitoring moisture levels during raw material intake into the mill is an essential component of determining the quality of these materials. This, coupled with the fact that, when raw material is purchased by weight, inaccurate moisture content determination can be quite costly. When processing these materials, including bark and forest waste, precise moisture content is of paramount importance. Lack of accurate measurement can lead to over or under processing, wasted energy, poor product quality, and wasted product—increasing overall costs. MoistTech possesses 40 years of knowledge regarding moisture sensors. This knowledge, coupled with the assistance from industry partners, has resulted in the development of the IR-3000 moisture sensor. The IR-3000 is specifically designed to measure moisture levels in the extreme environments found in the wood processing industry. Utilizing the IR-3000 to optimize process control improves your productivity, increases product quality, and results in decreased production costs.
There are many key processes within the wood processing industry where you will find the raw material moisture sensor to be essential. Additional application opportunities present themselves when you take into account the ability of the IR-3000 to measure solvent and water based coating thickness and monitor temperature. This is especially important when dealing with resin coatings. Our MoistTech staff is quite knowledgeable with respect to the specifics of handling raw material moisture in the wood processing industry. Our sensor calibrations, measurement wavelengths, algorithms, and sensor optical requirements are pre-set at the factory. Once installed, you can continuously monitor the process and control moisture content in real time.
Benefits of Raw Material Moisture Analysis and Control
- Productivity Improvements
- Increased Product Quality
- Minimization of Re-Work and Product Waste
- Reduced Energy Costs
- Lower Environmental Impact
- Continuous Monitoring with 100% Product Inspection
- Optimization of Wood Processes
The MoistTech IR-3000:
- Possesses a non-drift optical design.
- Provides continuous process monitoring and control.
- Has a non-contact design.
- Allows process variation to be detected and adjusted in real time.
- Provides moisture accuracy of approximately ± 0.05%.
- Enables coating accuracy measurement that varies from 0.1 to 0.01 micron—dependent upon coating type.
- Possesses an analog range that is typically 0-10% moisture.
- Allows output adjustment for the optimization of PLC or recording requirements.
Contact our knowledgeable staff for further information regarding your specific application needs.