Insensitive to material variations such as particle size, material height and color, the IR-3000 online process moisture analyzer provides continuous, reliable readings. It’s one-time calibration, maintenance free, drift free optical design allows operating personnel to confidently make immediate process adjustments based on real-time measurements.
With thousands of measurements per second, MoistTech’s IR-3000 online moisture detector allows users to optimize their on-line process and dramatically improve product quality, providing both energy savings and potential increased productivity with lower material losses.
The IR-3000 uses state-of-the-art components allowing installation in the most extreme locations. Additionally, with MoistTech’s product loss software capability where small gaps, inert material, foreign objects, belt or screw conveyors are removed from the measurement calculation this providing the most accurate true moisture reading.
IR-3000 Installation Locations
The IR-3000 moisture sensor has many areas of application including: belt conveyors, screw and drag conveyors, down chutes, storage bins and fluid-bed dryers. Consult factory for your specific application.
At-line: The addition of the base and stand option provides instant off-line or at-line measurement under on-line operating conditions.
MoistTech has the worldwide reputation for its exceptionally accurate NIR (near infrared) sensors and software for moisture testing, measurement and control, the newly developed IR-3000 online moisture detector and software can be configured and calibrated for numerous components in virtually any application.
Our moisture sensor applications show applications where MoistTech’s products are ideally suited for accurate and precise moisture testing, measurement and control. In addition, thousands of moisture analyzers are installed on MoistTech applications, not only for the measurement of moisture, but also for other applications, such as measuring and controlling: coating thickness, resin content, oil, protein, fat, nicotine, sugar, seasonings, plastic film thickness and many other constituents.
The online moisture transmitter can be in a stand alone or multi-sensor configuration. Please see below for diagrams.
Communication to the sensor head(s) can be via laptop computer, PC based touch screen operator interface, plant wide network by RS232/422/485 and ethernet TCP/IP. New protocols are continually being developed to keep up with the ever changing process environment in which they operate. Current I/O includes 3 x analog outputs 4-20mA isolated, self-powered.
The MoistTech Sensor Advantage
- Product loss software capability
- Large intense quartz halogen slight source
- Optical system that is several times more efficient than competitors
- High speed motor – 100s more measurements per second
- No product height effect 4 to 14 inches from material
- Zero ambient or other light effect
- No effect from dust, temperature or humidity
- Display in % wet or % dry weight
- Rugged industrial design
Why MoistTech IR-3000?
- Low cost
- Highest accuracy
- Newest technology
- Easiest installation & calibration
- Very low maintenance
- Most advanced software
- Surface mount electronics
MoistTech Sensor Features
- World-wide advanced technical support teams
- Optical window contamination alarm/ monitor
- Internal temperature sensor
- Free testing at our in house laboratory at no charge
- Laboratory offers calibrations, accuracy test and state of the art spectrophopmeters.
- Pre-calibrated to your application
- No routine recalibration needed
- No calibration drift
- No routine maintenance needed
- Insensitive to ambient temperatures & light
- Insensitive to product temperatures
- 50 products codes available
- Windows operating software for management & control
- 3 x 4-20 mA outputs
- 0-10V available
- Proven long term stability
- Sapphire, Kel F, Quartz sensor window options
- Optional xproof enclosure