Ceramic Powder Moisture
Accurate moisture levels in ceramic powder represent a critical component during prodiction. It can easily become either too wet or dry and waste manufacturer’s time and money as well as impacting the quality of the end product. Eliminate waste and downtime with proper moisture measurement and control to obatin the best product quality.
Numerous applications and year of experience award MoistTech as being the leader in moisture measurement and control technology.
Continuous process monitoring in spray dryers is possible by using MoistTech’s sampler or viewing window. Both of these samplers use Pyrex glass – or in corrosive environments, the samplers use a sapphire window.
The IR-3000 ceramic powder moisture sensor is typically mounted several inches above the conveyor so it can continuously monitor the process and can control the moisture content either manually or automatically in the powder.
Generally, dust from the product is not normally a problem, however in extreme dusty environments we recommend the installation of MoistTech’s Air Purge System to prevent the accumulation of material on the sensor’s window.
Benefits of Ceramic Powder Moisture Control
- Low Cost & Hugh Accuracy
- Improved Product Quality Monitoring
- Immediate ROI with Increased Productivity & Efficiency
- Lower Energy Costs & Less Waste
- Reduced Start-up Times
- Process Optimization
- 100% Product Inspection
- NIR Technology
- Low to Zero Maintenance
- Fuel Consumption & Water Savings
Our sensor calibrations, measurement wavelengths, algorithms and sensor optical requirements are pre-set at the factory.
- Typical accuracy is about ±0.1% moisture
- Typical analog range is 5-15% moisture
- The outputs can be adjusted to optimize PLC or recording requirements
- Unlimited Licensing Included
- Surface Mount Electronics Available