Having the correct biodiesel moisture levels is a critical component of the manufacture of biodiesel fuel. The presence of water is a problem because:
- Water causes smoke, reduced power, and harder starting because it reduces the heat of fuel combustion
- Water causes corrosion of fuel system components like pumps or fuel lines.
- Water causes the failure of fuel pumps because the paper-element filters in the system rot and fail allowing ingestion of large particles.
- Water freezes to form ice crystals that provide sites for accelerating gelling of the fuel.
- Water causes pitting in pistons
By measuring moisture continually through the production of biodiesel, proactive avoidance of moisture issues is accomplished.
Our goal at MoistTech is to help those who manufacture biodiesel to deliver only the highest quality product through our moisture sensor technology.
The IR-3000 biodiesel moisture transmitter provides instant moisture content of the material being conveyed, allowing the operator to blend raw material to precise moisture levels required for efficient combustion.
With the help of industry partners and 40 years of knowledge and experience, MoistTech has developed a biodiesel moisture sensor that is ideally suited to measure the moisture levels during the manufacturing process.
By mounting the biodiesel moisture transmitter several inches above the conveyor will allow the user to continuously monitor the process and can control the biodiesel moisture content either manually or automatically. The IR-3000’s unique feature is that it is able to monitor the process even with small gaps in product flow without impacting the accuracy.