Powder Coatings Moisture
Implementing Moisture Control
The final quality of powder coatings is not completely dictated by coating thickness; several factors affect product quality. Powder coatings moisture, as just one example, must be controlled to ensure not only product quality, but also production efficiency.
By controlling powder coatings moisture, manufacturers can eliminate time-consuming and costly inefficiencies during production. Controlling powder coatings moisture:
- Increases overall productivity
- Improves final product quality
- Minimizes waste
- Lowers energy requirements
- Reduces environmental harms from production
- Optimizes production processes
- Saves money
Unsurpassed in performance, our sensors can accurately measure moisture within tenths of a percent of most applications
MoistTech sensors withstand the test of time and are low to zero maintenance
Rely on MoistTech’s NIR moisture sensors to never drift or need re-calibration
COST OF OWNERSHIP
A moisture measurement system is essential for the production process and in some cases will pay for itself in less than 30 days
Stand Above the Competition
In addition to the thousands of hours and gigabytes of data and information behind the development of the IR-3000, the IR-3000 has several advantages over its competition:
- Provides non-contact, instant, continuous moisture measurements in real time
- Captures thousands of moisture measurements per second, again, in real time
- Is insensitive to material variations (e.g., particle size, material height, or color)
- Is insensitive to production environment effects (e.g., small gaps, inert material, foreign objects, and the belt or screw conveyors themselves are removed from the measurement calculation with IR-3000’s product loss software capability)
- Requires just a one-time calibration
- Is maintenance free
- Operates drift free based on its optical design
MoistTech Has the Perfect Solution
We’ve combined our decades of experience and knowledge with feedback from our industry partners to create a moisture sensor capable of taking instant, non-contact measurements of moisture, temperature, and other vital levels with the utmost accuracy. When it comes to moisture sensors, the IR-3000 is the most advanced system available.
Locate the point in the production process in which measuring moisture will be the most crucial and beneficial. Identify how you will use the moisture measurement data for improvements and if it will tie into your PLC.
Remember this could involve more than one installation point!
A closed loop process is achieved by incorporating a moisture measurement system into the manufacturing process. Developing a proactive solution to moisture control will avoid costly downfalls.
MoistTech’s experts will assess your specific application with lab tests, calibrations and accuracy results to ensure our equipment will peform for you. All of our sensors are pre-calibrated prior to being shipped to create a plug-and-play operation for the end-user.
Understand the Process
Precise dryer control gives the manufacturer the ability to save money, time, energy costs and yield a higher quality product! Do you know how beneficial moisture control is? Reduce dryer usage and energy costs by knowing the exact temperature the dryer should be for optimal energy usage. Quality products will become consistent with 100% inspection. Purchase costs can be reduced from water weight.