Nonwovens moisture control is critical to production quality, but this doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice production efficiency. There are ways to be certain of moisture control without any extra hassle to yourself or your team.
Nonwovens product quality is tightly linked to the moisture control during the production process. MoistTech, a world leader in moisture measurement and control, understands the production process and the nonwovens moisture control needed to make a quality product and offers process improvements
Immediate Advantages of Moisture Control
You will love the advantages that we have built into our new sensor:
- Extreme Accuracy –typical moisture accuracy is about ±0.05%
- Speed –thousands of readings per second
- Versatile Communications –interfaces with Ethernet and RS232 to send readings to your controlling computer for real-time control
- Easy-to-use software—Windows friendly
- No maintenance – unit is calibrated at the factory before shipment, and further calibrations are unnecessary
- Built rugged — can withstand rugged environments –temperature and humidity are not issues
- Operator or computer alarms and adjustments can be made on the fly
- Non-destructive, non-contact testing
Experience Low-Maintenance Advantages
No matter the stage of production, the IR-3000 measures moisture with MoistTech’s Near Infrared (NIR) technology. Engineers created algorithms, wavelengths, and sensor optical requirements to take thousands of detailed, accurate measurements per second. You can pre-set the measurement rate to match your production rate. Because there are no routine re-calibrations, this technology is low maintenance.
Install Time-Saving Technology
Installation is easy – the sensor can be mounted just a few inches above the nonwovens, and the technology will begin to work. Ethernet connections provide pathways for general information to reach the online database. Other services include operator interface and digital displays. Readings are consistent and reliable, providing an invaluable resource for your company. Alarms can trigger when readings are out of range allowing quick adjustments to be made.
The latest technology was used to create MoistTech’s IR-3000 Online Sensor. The IR-3000 continually monitors products, determining whether the nonwovens are too wet or too dry. Then the sensor automatically makes adjustments to correct the moisture level.
The IR-3000 can be used to measure moisture levels or coating thicknesses in many applications. Typical moisture accuracy is about ± 0.05%, with coating accuracy varying from 0.1 to 0.01 micron. Typical analog range is 0-10% moisture. The outputs can be adjusted to optimize PLC or recording requirements. The IR-3000 simplifies your company’s production process and your operators’ duties, creating a better work environment for your company.