Hog Fuel Moisture
Hog fuel raw materials require a specific moisture content in order for the boiler to operate properly and efficiently. MoistTech’s IR-3000 provides instant moisture content readings of the material being conveyed, allowing the operator to blend raw material to precise moisture levels required for efficient combustion.
The sensor calibrations, measurement wavelengths, algorithms and optical requirements are pre-set at the factory.
- Typical accuracy is about ±0.2% moisture
- Typical analog range is 0-75% moisture
- The outputs can be adjusted to optimize PLC or recording requirements
Competing technology does not compare to the results and accuracy provided by MoistTech.
- instant, non-contact, continuous moisture measurement
- monitor the product even with small gaps in product flow
- unaffected by ambient light without impacting the accuracy
- ideal for installations on chain conveyors and screw conveyors.
Dust from the product is not normally a problem however in extremely dusty environments, we recommend the installation of an air purge system to prevent the accumulation of material on the sensor’s window.
By mounting the hog fuel moisture transmitter several inches above the conveyor will allow the user to continuously monitor the process and can control the hog fuel moisture content either manually or automatically in the combustion process.
Our sensor calibrations, measurement wavelengths, algorithms and sensor optical requirements are pre-set at the factory. Typical accuracy is about ±0.2% moisture. Typical analog range is 0-75% moisture. The outputs can be adjusted to optimize PLC or recording requirements.