Raw Material Moisture
There are many key processes within the wood processing industry where you will find the raw material moisture sensor to be essential. Additional application opportunities present themselves when you take into account the ability of the IR-3000 to measure solvent and water based coating thickness and monitor temperature. This is especially important when dealing with resin coatings. Our MoistTech staff is quite knowledgeable with respect to the specifics of handling raw material moisture in the wood processing industry. Our sensor calibrations, measurement wavelengths, algorithms, and sensor optical requirements are pre-set at the factory. Once installed, you can continuously monitor the process and control moisture content in real time.
Benefits of Raw Material Moisture Analysis and Control
- Productivity Improvements
- Increased Product Quality
- Minimization of Re-Work and Product Waste
- Reduced Energy Costs
- Lower Environmental Impact
- Continuous Monitoring with 100% Product Inspection
- Optimization of Wood Processes
The MoistTech IR-3000:
- Possesses a non-drift optical design.
- Provides continuous process monitoring and control.
- Has a non-contact design.
- Allows process variation to be detected and adjusted in real time.
- Provides moisture accuracy of approximately ± 0.05%.
- Enables coating accuracy measurement that varies from 0.1 to 0.01 micron—dependent upon coating type.
- Possesses an analog range that is typically 0-10% moisture.
- Allows output adjustment for the optimization of PLC or recording requirements.
Contact our knowledgeable staff for further information regarding your specific application needs.