Reconstituted tobacco moisture affects product quality in several ways:
- Moisture increases product weight.
- Moisture decreases tobacco burn time and must be correctly balanced for taste and economy.
- Moisture affects cutting and other post-processing tasks and must be correctly balanced for processing speed and economy.
What is the Best Way to Measure Reconstituted Tobacco Moisture?
By implementing MoistTech’s Model 828 tobacco moisture gauge as part of the IR-3000 online moisture transmitter installation, tobacco processors enjoy the ability to measure accurately reconstituted tobacco moisture in real-time. Built to perform in the extremely harsh conditions of a tobacco processing facility, the 828 allows operators to adjust controls on the line, reducing, if not eliminating, out-of-range moisture content in the final product of the entire batch of product.
Where in the Process Can Reconstituted Tobacco Moisture be Measured?
The Model 828 gauge can be installed at nearly any stage of production, including the conditioning cylinders (before or after drying), cutters, toasters, or directly on the reconstituted lines’ belt conveyors, screw and drag conveyors, down chutes, or storage bins. Installing the gauge within the reconstituted tobacco’s lines ensures that the moisture is accurately measured and controlled in this part of the process.
Why Install MoistTech’s Model 828 Tobacco Moisture Gauge?
MoistTech’s moisture-sensing instruments have become the industry standard for moisture measurement for the following reasons:
- Sensors provide instant, accurate, non-contact measurement of reconstituted tobacco moisture
- Sensors can also provide measurements of nicotine, sugars, flavors, and temperature
- Sensor measurements are not affected by particle size or material height and color
- Sensors are factory pre-calibrated and require minimal maintenance once installed
- Precision filters and algorithms were incorporated into the Model 828 specifically to optimize its performance in a tobacco processor’s demanding and harsh conditions
Request a Quote
Contact us with your questions about measuring reconstituted tobacco moisture. One of our MoistTech professionals would be pleased to demonstrate how the Model 828 tobacco moisture gauge could improve your reconstituted tobacco product quality. If you’re ready to implement MoistTech tobacco moisture-sensing instrumentation into your process, request a quote today.