Converting Moisture Applications
Measure Moisture & Coat Weight Instantly & Accurately
Precise Moisture Levels in Paper Products
Having the precise moisture levels of paper products in converting operations, newsprint, tissue, and corrugated liner pulp has become a critical component during production. Paper can easily become either too wet or too dry, wasting a manufacturer time and money. With the help of industry partners and 40 years of knowledge and experience, MoistTech has developed the IR 3000 Moisture Sensor, which is ideally suited to measure the moisture levels, as well as water and solvent based coatings, along with the coat weight thickness during the paper/converting process. This helps improve the manufacturer’s product quality and increased productivity within sustainable costs savings.
Throughout the paper/converting process, there are many locations throughout the manufacturing that the paper moisture sensor can be used for. The location is often determined by the space availability and accessibility on the web/converting machinery, along with the manufacturer’s moisture control plan. Once installed, a manufacturer can continuously monitor the process and control the moisture content, both manually and automatically.
Experience The Multiple Benefits with MoistTech:
- Improved Product Quality & Lowered Energy Costs
- Reduction of Scrap & Increased Productivity
- Non-Contact Instant Moisture Measurement
- Provides non-contact readings in real time
- Instant, continuous moisture & coating measurements in real time
- Has incredible speed, capturing thousands of measurements per second
- Indifferent to material variations like particle size or color
- Unaffected by production environment effects like small gaps or inert material
- Removes foreign objects, gaps, and the belt or screw conveyors rom the measurement calculation with product loss software capability
- Requires just a one-time calibration which is done at the factory
- Little to No Maintenance
- Drift free based on its optical design
MoistTech is a highly experienced company, especially when it comes to the requirements in the paper/converting process. Our sensor calibrations, measurement wavelengths, algorithms, and sensor optical requirements are pre-set at the factory. Typical moisture accuracy is about 0.05%, coating accuracy varies from about 0.1 to 0.01 micron, depending on the coating type. Typical analog range is from 0-10% moisture and up to as much as 40%, however this is subject to application.
Keep the integrity of your product by keeping the coating thickness constant. Use our coating thickness gauge to sound an alarm or make an automatic adjustment if the coating thickness is out of spec range. If you’re looking for high quality moisture level sensors for all types of industrial productions and products, MoistTech is here for you! We have a variety of applications and machines that are designed for your specific product and product line. For more information about our products, connect with us directly. Receive a complimentary quote from us today by filling out our online form or by contacting our headquarters.
At MoistTech, we understand that time is money. We know that you want to get the highest quality product out to your consumers in the most efficient manner possible. That’s why we’ve designed the better analyzer for coating moisture measurement. With support centers throughout the world, MoistTech is ready and willing to help you with coating moisture measurement for your application.
Sensor measurements can be sent to your computer via RS232 or Ethernet connections instantly. Feed these numbers into your program to determine out of spec readings and the adjustments that need made on the line to keep moisture under control
- Send the readings to one or more workstations to be processed
- Use our color touch screen station (HMI) for on the floor control
- Compatible with Profibus, Profinet, DeviceNet, and Ethernet IP addresses Quartz, KEL-F & Sapphire viewing windows